FlowCam for Water Quality Monitoring and Drinking Water Analysis
Discover a high-throughput, automated alternative to manual microscopy.
FlowCam offers a cost-effective and rapid solution to monitor source water, oceans, reservoirs, lakes, rivers, and water treatment processes for drinking water, wastewater, and recreational activities.
Municipal water utilities monitor Cyanobacteria and other algae to prevent hazardous algal blooms (HABs), taste and odor events, as well as filter clogging organisms.
Use FlowCam to:
- Analyze particles sizes 2 µm to 1 mm
- Identify, count, and measure phytoplankton
- Process a 1 mL sample in less than 6 minutes
- Perform image analysis to determine morphological parameters such as biovolume, coloration, shape, and size to classify taxa.
“My lab has been a FlowCam user since buying our unit back in 2013. It has served us well in monitoring of cyanobacterial blooms here in Alberta Canada, and reporting our results to provincial health advisory agencies in a timely manner. A very reliable instrument surprisingly requiring minimal maintenance!”
FlowCam for Harmful Algal Bloom Monitoring
Classify Cyanobacteria and monitor both marine and freshwater harmful algal blooms (HABs). Differentiate and quantify organisms capable of producing cyanotoxins to enable early treatment of water sources.
FlowCam Cyano and FlowCam 8400 combine flow imaging microscopy with cytometry to differentiate Cyanobacteria from other aquatic organisms and detritus.
- Identify and enumerate HAB organisms, including Cyanobacteria, diatoms, dinoflagellates
- Forecast HAB events
- Count cells in colonies and filaments
- Analyze population dynamics
- Ultimate Guide to Flow Imaging Microscopy for Aquatic Life Sciences
- FlowCam Guide to Freshwater Algae & Cyanobacteria
- Estimating Cell Counts for Colonial and Filmentous Cyanobacteria
- Assessing Cell Viability Using FDA Stain
Interested in learning more?
Get in Touch
Tell us about your application and particle characterization needs.
Have a Conversation
We're happy to set up a call to discuss your application and answer your questions.
Discuss Next Steps
Expand your knowledge with a seminar, demonstration, sample analysis, or obtain a quote.