Associate Applications Scientist
About the Role:
We are looking for a key member of our Customer Service team with a background in chemistry, chemical or biomedical engineering, biochemistry, or aquatic sciences. We are an innovation leader and manufacturer of analytical instruments and software used in the biopharmaceutical, aquatics, and materials industries.
As an Associate Application Scientist, you will join a dynamic team of scientists and engineers with a mission to provide world-class FlowCam support and service to our diverse and international customer base. You will be working cross-functionally with our sales, engineering, software, manufacturing, and marketing teams and our international partners. If you are looking for a position that will utilize your scientific background and people skills, this job is for you!
This position requires approximately 30% travel, including domestically and internationally.
This position is located at our headquarters in Scarborough, Maine, or can be remote in Philadelphia or the San Francisco Bay Area after completing training at our Scarborough, Maine headquarters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training and supporting our customers via email, phone, and interactive web-sessions
- Advising our customers to optimize their experiments for their applications
- Traveling to customer sites to perform installations, training, and occasional preventative maintenance
- Creating user guides, technical notes, troubleshooting guides, and other technical documentation
- Providing product improvement suggestions based on customer experience and feedback
- Participating in testing and validating new hardware and software
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Biotechnology, Marine Sciences, or other relevant disciplines.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is required; FlowCam experience would be ideal
- Experience in a customer service role is a plus
What you need to succeed:
- A passion and curiosity for science and its applications in a wide range of fields from biological drugs, advanced materials, and aquatic organisms
- An analytical mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and navigate changing priorities
- Proficiency with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CRM systems and customer support software is a plus
- Ability to lift an instrument (up to 50 lbs.)
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites (up to 30%)
Monday to Friday, full-time, flexibility as needed