Field Service Engineer
About the Role:
We are looking for a key member of our Customer Service team with a background in chemical or biomedical engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, or aquatic sciences. We are an innovation leader and manufacturer of analytical instruments and software used in the biopharmaceutical, aquatics, and materials industries.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will join a dynamic team with the mission to provide world-class FlowCam support and service to our diverse customer base. You will be traveling approximately 50% to customer sites for installations, training, and service of our portfolio of FlowCam instruments. You will be interacting daily with our sales, engineering, software, manufacturing, and marketing teams, as well as our international partners.
If you are looking for a role where you can travel and combine your technical background with your interpersonal skills and desire to work with customers, this job is for you!
This position requires approximately 50% travel, including domestically and internationally.
This position is located at our headquarters in Scarborough, Maine, or can be remote in Philadelphia or the San Francisco Bay Area after completing training at our Scarborough, Maine headquarters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing installations, validation (IQ/OQ), preventative maintenance, and repair services at customer sites, both domestically and internationally
- Training customers on how to use our instruments and software
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting instruments and software by phone and email when not traveling
- Making suggestions for product improvements based on customer feedback
- Assisting with new instrument and software testing
Experience and Technical Requirements:
- Associate degree required, bachelor’s degree preferred in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Biology, Biotechnology, Marine Sciences, or other relevant disciplines
- 2-5 years experience in a scientific, laboratory, or technical role
- Prior experience in a customer or product service role is a plus
What you Need to Succeed:
- An analytical mindset, excellent problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and navigate changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with CRM systems and customer support software is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites (50%)
- Ability to lift an instrument (up to 50 lbs.)
- Monday to Friday, full-time, flexibility as needed