FlowCam for Aquaculture, Algae Cultivation, and Other Aquatic Applications
Monitor microalgae and track larval development with the use of high-resolution images.
FlowCam provides a powerful tool to assess food supply and health of larvae in shellfish aquaculture operations or to monitor harmful algal blooms in finfish operations.
Discover many other aquatic particle applications, including wastewater analysis, paleolimnology, microplastic studies, and invasive species detection.
Use FlowCam to:
- Analyze organisms ranging in size from 2 µm to 1 mm
- Calculate biovolume, particle concentrations, and community size distribution
- Capture emerging trends to create models and improve forecasting
- Identify and quantify the magnitude of culture contamination
- Use higher throughput monitoring to identify the signs of a potential culture crash
"I absolutely love working with this instrument, it is a dream! The capabilities are endless. I use it to process daily water samples and it has cut the analysing time in half if not by more, plus the fact you can store all the old data runs and look back on them whenever you please."
FlowCam Supports a Broad Array of Aquatic Research Goals
Combining the basic principles of microscopy, particle counting, and image recognition, FlowCam enables rapid analysis and particle characterization for applications as diverse as: microplastics research, wastewater analysis, sedimentation studies, stormwater runoff, and glacial particle analysis.
Fluorescence capabilities allow for the differentiation of stained particles or comparison of living and non-living particles in your water sample with FlowCam’s versatile platform.
- Analyze benthic particles such as tephra, foraminifera, and other sediments
- Expedite analysis of water samples and evaluate productivity and plankton availability for food supply
- Study the effects of microplastic pollution on marine organisms
- Identify organisms essential to wastewater treatment process
- Ultimate Guide to Flow Imaging Microscopy for Aquatic Life Sciences
- Phytoplankton and Zooplankton FlowCam Image Galleries
Interested in learning more?
Get in Touch
Tell us about your application and particle characterization needs.
Have a Conversation
We're happy to set up a call to discuss your application and answer your questions.
Discuss Next Steps
Expand your knowledge with a seminar, demonstration, sample analysis, or obtain a quote.