Consider a career with Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies, a small Maine-based company with an international focus. Join an exceptionally talented team of professionals who bring science and creativity together. We are a world class innovator of particle imaging devices and provide a global scale commitment to exceptional customer service, quality and value. YFT was a proud recipient of the "Best Places To Work in ME" award in 2017, 2019 and 2020.
About the role: We are seeking a Software Engineer to join a growing global company and innovation leader in the Industrial, Pharmaceutical and Aquatics industries. Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies is the leader in developing a Dynamic Imaging Particle Analysis instrument called the FlowCam®. The FlowCam is currently being used in over 50 countries worldwide. The Software Engineering team is focused on designing and building embedded software that controls the operations of FlowCam statistical systems within Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies products.
- Collaborate with team members to determine best practices and client requirements for software
- Gather and document requirements from internal and external customers
- Develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the company
- Professionally maintain all software and create updates regularly to address customer and company concerns
- Analyze and test programs and products before formal launch
- Troubleshoot coding problems quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace
- Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to ensure all employees are confident in the use of software applications
- Devise new approaches to problems and exhibiting architectural and detailed design creativity
- Define new product features both in the field and in development
- Participate in all phases of software development ranging from prototype development in collaboration with scientists and instrumentation engineers, to integration and product development with software development engineers
- Actively engage in the established software development process and mentor others in that process
- Communicate complex technical software information to peers on cross-functional project teams
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports
- Communicate with engineers and manufacturer's technical support staff regarding programming needs and performance
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 to 7+ years of development experience with C++ and Python
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience with SQL, MySQL and MariaDB – Relational Databases
- Strong experience working with Linux-based development platforms
- Experience with database development and optimization
- Systems performance and tuning experience, with an eye for how systems architecture and design impacts performance and scalability
- Excellent analytical and time management skills
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Experience planning, designing, developing, and delivering software in an Agile environment
- Strong collaboration skills - familiarity with Scrum is required for success at this position
- Technical Leadership experience including Mentoring / Coaching
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on various development tools and protocols
- Excellent analytic and communication skills
- Document code consistently throughout the development process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related area, or equivalent experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday. After training period, able to work remotely during COVID-19.
COVID-19 Considerations: YFT has implemented internal safety guidelines and procedures based on CDC, State of Maine, and OSHA recommendations, and responds accordingly as things change and data is updated.
Benefits: Yokogawa Fluid Imaging Technologies offers a generous medical, retirement, sick/vacation/personal PTO benefits package, along with an upbeat, positive work environment. We also offer workplace perks such as an on-site kitchen, outdoor grilling, and are conveniently located on a city bus line with local community options. (Greenbelt cycling trail along Route One). Bike rack available onsite for those who like to ride!
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume via the form on this page. Qualified candidates will receive a request for more information or a personal interview.