Consider a career at Fluid Imaging Technologies, an entrepreneurial Maine-based company with an international focus. Fluid Imaging Technologies is the leader in developing a Dynamic Imaging Particle Analysis instrument called the FlowCam. The FlowCam is currently being used in over 50 countries worldwide.
Watch the video below and learn why FIT employees love to live and work in Maine!
We are currently hiring for a Junior Mechanical Product Engineer
The Junior Mechanical Product Engineer will support the development efforts of the FlowCam and other products developed by Fluid Imaging Technologies. Essential functions include designing and testing new products, improving the performance of existing products and providing engineering guidance to support manufacturing and sales.
Mechanical Engineering education and/or experience is required. Key competencies include the knowledge of product development and fabrication, excellent problem solving skills, creativity, able to generate models and drawings, develop ideas and troubleshoot in a timely manner, and able to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team. (This position has either PT or FT possibilities.)
Knowledge of other disciplines is desirable:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Aid technical research, prototyping, and analyzing results
* Aid in the development of project plans
* Coordinate and conduct testing of new products and product improvements
* Work with the Technical teams to validate solutions
* Incorporate input from a variety of constituents including the Sales and Marketing teams
* Propose design and process solutions that enable and facilitate development efforts
* 2+ years experience in engineering disciplines related to instrumentation development
* Demonstrated ability to design products using 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred)
* Experience in variety of manufacturing methods - machining, sheet metal, plastic molding, etc.
* Able to work well with internal and external customers
* Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize effectively
* Occasional travel if required
* Interested in learning new skill sets and product types
-BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience required
Fluid Imaging Technologies offers a generous medical, retirement, sick/vacation/personal PTO benefits package, along with an upbeat, positive work environment. We also offer workplace perks such as an on-site kitchen, outdoor grilling, and are conveniently located on a city bus line with local community options. Bike rack available onsite for those who like to ride. (Greenbelt cycling trail along Route One.)
Located in a small office park just off Route One in Scarborough. Plenty of parking.