Welcome to the resources page for biopharmaceutical applications. Here you'll find the following resources showcasing how the FlowCam imaging particle analyzer has been used for biopharmaceutical research: eBooks, videos, case studies, published research papers, white papers, product brochures, posters, articles, and blog posts.
Visit the Particle Analysis for Biopharmaceuticals page for an explanation of how the FlowCam works and a list of instruments used in this research.
Published Research Papers
- FlowCam Nano Provides Counts, Sizes, and Images of nano-and Microparticles: Application to a Therapeutic Protein Pumping Study, Cheng Her et al.
- Nanoparticle Impurities in Sucrose Promote Aggregation of Intravenous Immunoglobulin During Agitation Stress, Pardee and Carpenter.
- Comparison of Manual Pipetting vs. Automated Liquid Handler Pipetting into FlowCam 8100, Brown et al.
- Aggregates and Particle Characterization to Support Biomanufacturing Process Development, Mpanda et al.
- A Comparison of Methods for Quantifying Silicone Droplets in Biologics Using Dynamic Imaging Particle Analysis, Brown and Bernt.
- Using FlowCam Pattern Recognition to Quantify Silicone Oil Droplets in Parenterals, Lew Brown
- The Importance of Thresholding In Imaging Analysis of Protein Aggregations, Brown and Bernt.
- The Importance of Image Quality in Quantifying Protein Aggregation Using Imaging Particle Analysis, Lew Brown.
- FlowCam Technology for Monitoring Particles in Protein Therapeutic Formulations, Palmlund et al.
- Glass Shard Detection in Protein Therapeutics Using Dynamic Imaging Particle Analysis, Brown and Spaulding.
- Flow Imaging of Subvisible Protein Particles: Moving Towards Best Practices, Manning et al.
- The Importance of Thresholding in Imaging Analysis of Protein Aggregates, Brown.
- "The Value of Imaging in Quality Assurance", Laboratory Equipment, Nov 19, 2018
- "Detection of Subvisible Particulates in Bioformulations to Ensure Safety", Lab Compare, Oct 29, 2018
- "A Very Particular Problem" Laboratory News, Sept 25, 2018
- "Shadowy Particles Flow Into the Light. Fluid Imaging Technologies Shows Biopharma How Flow Imaging Outshines Light Obscuration" Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News, Sept 15, 2018
- "The Apples of Pharma's Eyes, Pharma Innovation Awards applaud the fruits of suppliers' labors" Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, August 2018
- "Single-use plastics: are they safe?" BioTechniques, July 2018
- "Identifying Contamination: Subvisible Particle Imaging" PharmTech, June 2018